in2Dredging Introduces Pumps and Pipeline Tool
in2Dredging (i2D), an independent dredging consultancy, has launched its new and unique software program Pumps and Pipeline (PnP v1.1).
PnP is the first commercial pumps and pipeline estimating tool for the dredging and mining industry.
i2D’s gap analysis identified a disconnection between dredging project performances and production estimates.
The PnP tool can optimize the use of dredging equipment, benchmark production levels and provide a foundation for capital investments and tenders.
The last few months i2D was dedicated to the development of PnP. As ease of use and readability are primordial for fast results, an enormous amount of effort was put into an intuitive and user friendly graphical user interface.
The new program makes it easy to estimate suction and discharge productions for any dredging or mining equipment that hydraulically transports soil like materials.
PnP uses a unique collection of empirical relationships based on decades of field measurements.
PnP can be practically used to support:
- Designing pump-drive systems and pipeline configurations;
- Selecting equipment feasibility for projects;
- Estimating suction and discharge production;
- Selecting gear(s) or e.g. the rainbow nozzle diameter for a project;
- Evaluating performance of pump-drive systems.