Verhoef EMC said in its latest release that they have agreed on a contract with Royal IHC for the complete electrical installation of a custom built 2.500kVA dismountable cutter suction dredger (CSD).
The scope of work is consisting of the in-house engineering, system integration, fabrication, installation, full commissioning and testing of the electrical installation.
According to Verhoef, the contract includes:
- Shore supply section;
- Drive system and electric motors for dredge system and various deck winches;
- Multiple transformers;
- Starters for hydraulic pumps;
- 24V DC system including board net batteries;
- Light distribution and on-board lighting;
- Fire detection & ER alarm/signalling equipment;
- Dredging control console;
- Set of junction boxes;
Engineering work already started and completion is scheduled for the second half of 2019.