This is the second announcement with programme and registration information for CEDA Dredging Days 2011. The conference and exhibition will be held in the Conference Centre of Ahoy Rotterdam, the Netherlands, from 10-11 November 2011, under the theme âDredging and Beyondâ. On 9 November, in the afternoon, an optional pre-event technical visit will be organised.
Dredging is no longer a stand-alone exercise, but rather is becoming part of a broader, more integrated project realization process. The dredging industry is increasingly confronted by projects involving environmental protection, nature development, offshore energy production and mineral mining on the sea floor. We are no longer in the era of âDredging and nothing but dredgingâ, we are in the century of âDredging and beyondâ.
CEDA Dredging Days have the reputation of being the premier technical forum for presenting and debating new ways of thinking, new innovative approaches, and cutting-edge dredging tools and technology.Â It is therefore no surprise that the next event in this successful series of conferences, CEDA Dredging Days 2011, will focus on two main areas where this integrated dredging approach is emerging:
- Dredging and rock dumping for the offshore oil and gas industry and deep sea mining
- Building with nature for soft and hard dredging solutions (coastal and inland)
In 5 technical sessions, 20 high quality, peer reviewed papers will cover various facets of these themes presenting cutting edge technology and approaches. The conference programme will also include
- two keynote addresses by prominent representatives of the mining and offshore fields
- the ever popular Academic Session with five presentations by PhD students and young professionals and
- the session of the CEDAâs Environment Commission during which CEDAâs position on two very timely topics, underwater sound and climate change adaptations will be presented both in the context of dredging
Further highlights include:
- Technical visit hosted by IHC Merwedeâs Deep Sea Dredging & Mining Unit
- CEDA-Netherlands Reception with superb networking opportunities in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere
- Dredging exhibition showcasing dredging technologies that push the boundaries
- CEDAâs Student Programme 2011 offering a considerable number of free ticket to students
- Partners programme to the Hague
- Access to Europort 2011 trade show
CEDA is grateful to the following CEDA Member companies for their support to the event: Seatools (main sponsor; DPC (official media partner); Cable Arm, Damen Dredging Equipment, Deltares,IHC, iPS, IRO, Seatools (Main Sponsor), Vereniging van Waterbouwers, Vuyk Engineering Rotterdam.
The CEDA Dredging Days 2011 will be held in conjunction with Europort 2011 (8-11 November 2011).
The Central Dredging Association (CEDA) is an internationally recognised independent professional association. It is an easy-to-access leading platform for the exchange of knowledge and an authoritative reference point for impartial technical information. CEDA actively strives to contribute towards sustainable development by strongly recommending working with nature. CEDA members are corporations, professionals and stakeholders involved in a diversity of activities related to dredging and marine construction. CEDA represents the common interest of all fields related to dredging and marine construction and does not promote the interest of any particular industry sector or organization. For more information visit: www.dredging.org.
Source: CEDA, May 30, 2011