The Netherlands: CEDA Dredging Days 2011 Approaches Fast
CEDA Dredging Days 2011 is approaching fast. Three weeks from now leading experts in the dredging and marine construction fields will meet in Rotterdam to find out about the latest insights and to share the experiences and best practices about “Dredging and Beyond”.
The scene will be set by two keynote speeches by prominent representatives of the mining and offshore sectors:
• Professor Peter Halbach from the Free University, Berlin, will talk about the fundamentals and perspectives of mining deepsea minerals and
• Hans de Boer, managing director of the Association of Dutch Suppliers in the Oil and Gas Industry (IRO), will share his insights about dredging opportunities in the dutch offshore industry.
In five technical sessions speakers will address the following main themes:
• Dredging and rock dumping for the offshore oil and gas industries,
• Deepsea mining,
• Building with nature for soft and hard dredging solutions.
Further highlights of CEDA Dredging Days 2011 include:
• Academic session with presentations by PhD students and young faculty on their latest research results,
• CEDA Environment Commission Session introducing two CEDA position papers on underwater sound in relation to dredging and climate change adaptation as it affects the dredging community,
• Technical visit hosted by IHC Merwede’s Deep Sea Dredging & Mining Unit,
• CEDA-Netherlands Reception with superb networking opportunities in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere,
• A dredging exhibition where leading CEDA member companies showcase their products and services, especially in the offshore oil-gas and mineral-winning areas and when working with nature,
• CEDA Student Programme 2011 offering free tickets to students,
• Partners programme to the Hague,
• Access to Europort 2011 trade show.
CEDA Dredging Days conference and exhibition is the premier technical forum for dredging in the CEDA region.
Source: cedaconferences, October 20, 2011