IADC’s Seminar on Dredging and Reclamation Approaches (Singapore)
For (future) decision makers and their advisors in governments, port and harbour authorities, off-shore companies and other organisations that have to execute dredging projects, the International Association of Dredging Companies organises the International Seminar on Dredging and Reclamation.
The IADC Seminar will be held from Monday 22 October through Friday 26 October 2012 at Grand Park City Hall hotel in Singapore. Since 1993 IADC, often in co-operation with local technical universities, has provided a week-long Seminar especially developed for professionals in dredging-related industries. These intensive courses have been successfully presented in Delft, Singapore, Dubai, Buenos Aires, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and Brazil.
As is appropriate to a dynamic industry, the Seminar programme is continually updated. In addition to basic dredging methods, new equipment and state-of-the-art techniques are explained.
The Seminars reflect IADC’s commitment to education, to encouraging young people to enter the field of dredging, and to improving knowledge about dredging throughout the world.
Some of the subjects covered are:
• overview of the dredging market and the development of new ports and maintenance of existing ports;
• project phasing (identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction, and maintenance);
• descriptions of types of dredging equipment and boundary conditions for their use;
• state-of-the-art dredging and reclamation techniques including environmental measures;
• site and soil investigations, designing and estimating from the contractor’s view;
• costing of projects and types of contracts such as charter, unit rates, lump sum and risk-sharing agreements;
• design and measurement of dredging and reclamation works;
• early contractor involvement.
Press Release, September 4, 2012