Bids for Eastoke Point Coastal Defence Scheme Invited (UK)
Expressions of interest are invited from suitably qualified and experienced providers to tender for Eastoke Point Coastal Defence Scheme.
The scope of the contract will comprise of but may not be limited to:
– Construction of a 650m rock revetment (27,700m3, 3-6 tonne rock armour);
– Construction of three 90m rock groynes (7,000m3, 3-6 tonne rock armour);
– Import of 21,000m3 of beach recharge material (mixed shingle);
– Remedial work to the existing concrete splash wall; Construction of RC Access Ramp and Steps; Installation of demountable flood boards;
– Demolition of four dilapidated hardwood timber groynes.
It is expected that the contract will be awarded in Spring 2013, subject to funding availability. The initial contract period will be for 5-6 months.
Dredging Today Staff, October 29, 2012; Image: havant.gov.uk