The Netherlands: Great News for Nijmegen Container Terminal
Containerterminal Nijmegen Vastgoed B.V. has introduced plans for the development project.
The objective of the work is to increase the capacity of the container terminal at Nijmegen.
This is to basically provide:
– A new quay on the river Waal side where two Class IV vessels will be able to moor in succession;
– Port basin to the side so that navigation on the river Waal will offer an unhindered safe passage;
– The increase of storage area.
The work to be carried out mainly consists of:
– Dredging for new harbour basin, including environmental dredging;
– Boundaries and extend a seawall;
– Construction of a new quay;
– Construction of a runway for two gantry cranes;
– Construction site facilities (supply and installation of the transformer housing is reserved);
– Customise access to nearby Traffic Post Rijkswaterstaat.
The deadline for this tender is December 31, 2012.
Dredging Today Staff, November 9, 2012; Image: bctn