Germany: Officials Announce Plan for Hamburg Port Backfilling Works
Hamburg Port Authority AöR has announced a plan for the backfilling works in the southern area of the Port of Hamburg.
This project includes:
– Silt removal in the range of hotspots and below a planned UW-overflow threshold;
– Construction of a UW-overflow threshold across the harbour, Installation of sand in various processes (trickling, dumping);
– Profiling a heaping of sand body up. NN +11.5 m; Installation of vertical drains;
– Establishing a temporary dewatering of the adjacent surfaces;
– Dismantling and removal of the overfill installation.
Dredging Today Staff, April 4, 2013