IADC Dredging Seminar Underway (Brazil)
For (future) decision makers and their advisors in governments, port and harbour authorities, offshore companies and other organizations that have to execute dredging projects, the International Association of Dredging Companies organizes the International Seminar on Dredging and Reclamation.
The IADC Seminar will be held for the 2nd time in Brazil from Monday 15 April through Friday 19 April 2013.
The Seminar in Brief
To optimise the chances of the successful completion of a project, contracting parties should, from the start, fully understand the requirements of a dredging project. This five-day course strives to provide an understanding through lectures by experts in the field and workshops, partly conducted on-site in order to give the “students” hands-on experience.
– overview of the dredging market and the development of new ports and maintenance of existing ports;
– project phasing (identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction, and maintenance);
– descriptions of types of dredging equipment and boundary conditions for their use;
– state-of-the-art dredging and reclamation techniques including environmental measures;
– site and soil investigations, designing and estimating from the contractor’s view;
– costing of projects and types of contracts such as charter, unit rates, lump sum and risk-sharing agreements;
– design and measurement of dredging and reclamation works;
– early contractor involvement.
Dredging Today Staff, April 17, 2013