The Xbloc team will be present at the ICE conference in Edinburgh, Scotland, from September 18 – 20, 2013.
“You can meet us at the Xbloc booth in the exhibition area. On Thursday the 19th, Bart van Zwicht will give a presentation on the design and construction of the low crested Xbloc breakwater at Pointe Noire, Congo,” they announced.
The conference will address the following topics:
– Breakwaters, piers and jetties,
– Marine energy systems, offshore and nearshore devices and systems, service landfall,
– New coastal facilities and infrastructureincluding oil and gas terminals, power stations, desalination plants,
– Waterfront developments,
– Seawalls and shoreline structures,
– Ports, locks and harbours,
– Coastal erosion and flooding,
– Shoreline management, environmental andsocial awareness,
– Coastal, estuarine and oceanographic processes; data measurement, monitoring and modelling,
– Coastal threats, storms, tsunamis andclimate change,
– Dredging and use of dredged materials,
– Construction materials – embedded energy, sustainability.
The Xbloc team will be also present at the Coasts and Ports conference in Sydney, Australia, from 11 to 13 September
Dredging Today Staff, August 30, 2013