TZC Project: Construction Activities Continue (USA)
Construction activities continue on the foundations for the New NY Bridge with the ongoing installation of permanent piles.
Tappan Zee Constructors, LLC (TZC) will utilize the area surrounding the ramp for storage and staging, which will in turn reduce the amount of construction traffic on local roadways. Complete closure is required for the construction of the New NY Bridge in order to to ensure safety for motorists and project workers.
Excavation and preparation work for installation of permanent sound barriers continues along I-87 northbound /I-287 westbound in the area south of exit 10 in Rockland County. From Monday, Dec. 9 to Thursday, Dec. 12, one northbound right-hand lane and shoulder on I-87/I-287 near exit 10 in Nyack will be closed from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Friday, Dec. 13 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– Rockland access ramp modifications;
– Armoring of dredge channel;
– River Road utility work;
– Test pile program;
– Rockland Dock Extension – finishing work under existing bridge;
– Temporary Rockland trestle construction including pile driving on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;
– Survey inspections on existing bridge;
– Support for river-based work from the Rockland shoreline;
– Reinforcement steel pre-assembly at bridge yard.
Press Release, December 9, 2013