Construction activity continues on the foundation of the New NY Bridge with the ongoing installation of permanent piles.
Excavation and preparation work for installation of permanent sound barriers continues along I-87 northbound/I-287 westbound in the area south of exit 10 in Rockland County.
On Monday, Dec. 16, and Tuesday, Dec. 17, the northbound right-hand lane and shoulder on I-87/I-287 near exit 10 in Nyack will be closed from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The same section of roadway will be closed on Friday, Dec. 20, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
On Wednesday, Dec. 18, and Thursday, Dec. 19, the southbound right-hand lane and shoulder on I-87/I-287 near exit 10 in Nyack will be closed from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. to allow for work on the Thruway Authority’s southbound maintenance ramp.
Mariners should be aware that Tappan Zee Constructors, LLC (TZC) will be installing permanent piles in the vicinity of the side channels under the existing bridge. Pile driving will take place between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on weekdays, and occasionally between noon and 7 p.m. on Saturdays.
– Rockland access ramp modifications;
– Armoring of dredge channel;
– River Road utility work;
– Test pile program;
– Rockland Dock Extension – finishing work under existing bridge;
– Temporary Rockland trestle construction, including pile driving on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;
– Survey inspections on existing bridge;
– Support for river-based work from the Rockland shoreline;
– Reinforcement steel pre-assembly at bridge yard.
Press Release, December 16, 2013