Government: Five Port Projects Appraised (India)
- Business & Finance
The Public Private Partnership Appraisal Committee (PPPAC-a high level committee of the Government of India) has appraised five proposals in the Port Sector.
These projects as listed below will now be recommended for grant of final approval by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA). The Ministry of Shipping will submit a Cabinet Note to the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs for the purpose.
– Development of 4th Container Terminal at Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) on DBFOT- Design, Build, Finance, Operate and Transfer basis.
– Development of Container Terminal at Ennore Port Limited (EPL) on DBFOT.
– Development of Multipurpose Cargo at Mumbai Port Trust (MPT) on DBFOT.
– Development of Mega Container Terminal at Tuna Tekra at Kandla Port (KPT) on BOT.
– Development of Container Terminal at Diamond Harbour at Kolkata Port Trust (KoPT) on BOT.
These projects are proposed to be awarded in the current financial year by various Major Ports for implementation under Public Private Partnership mode. The proposed projects are to create an additional capacity of 150 MMTPA with an investment of about Rs. 17630 Crores.
This year, the Ministry of Shipping has so far conveyed approval for 16 projects against a target of 30 and the Major Ports have already awarded these projects. These already awarded projects include six under PPP and 10 under non-PPP mode and they are expected to add a capacity of 89 MMTPA with an investment of about Rs.4200 Crores.
Press Release, December 30, 2013