USA: Ocean City Beach Replenishment Plan Moves Ahead

The Army Corps of Engineers will go out to bid in early January for a project to rebuild beaches and dunes at the severely eroded south end of Ocean City, according to Ocean City Business Administrator Mike Dattilo.

The project is still on track to start in March or early spring, reports oceancity.patch.com.

The federal government will pick up the full estimated $63 million cost of the initial project, which will include Strathmere (Upper Township) and Sea Isle City. The project area would then be part of a three-year maintenance cycle with the Army Corps of Engineers returning to restore the beaches to the initial project dimensions.

According to oceancity.patch.com, the federal government pays for 65 percent of the program, while the state Department of Environmental Protection picks up the other 35 percent. Of the state’s portion, Ocean City is required to contribute 25 percent. That leaves Ocean City responsible for only 8.75 percent of the total cost for subsequent projects.

Dredging Today Staff, December 30, 2013

 

 

Share this article

Follow Dredging Today

Events>

<< Nov 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 1

3rd International Congress Hydraulic Engineering Structures and Dredging

Russia’s leading maritime industry Media Group PortNews (www.portnews.ru) holds a traditional annual Congress “Hydraulic Engineering Structures and Dredging” in Moscow. 

The two-day Congress includes the 7th International Forum of Dredging Companies and the 3rd Technical Conference “Modern Solutions for Hydraulic Engineering”.

Infrastructure development is among the real sources of Russia’s economy growth. Construction of port facilities and new hydraulic engineering structures on the country’s inland waterways constitute an essential part of all infrastructure projects. It is important to take into account the best international practices to implement these projects effectively.

The program of the Congress will be devoted to the latest technologies for dredging and hydraulic engineering works. Speakers and delegates will refer to real projects to discuss specifics features of dredging works, as well as dedicated fleet and equipment involved.

To learn more about event, please, contact the organizing committee: snitko@portnews.ru

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of DredgingToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply

Dredging jobs in Abu Dhabi at NMDC

National Marine Dredging Company “NMDC” aims to be the largest dredging player in the Arab’s Gulf region...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of DredgingToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below....

apply