Serdijn Ship Repair, Zwagerman Offshore Services Form ROG
Serdijn Ship Repair and Zwagerman Offshore Services established a new company under the name Rotterdam Offshore Group (ROG).
The ideas and activities of Serdijn and Zwagerman are complementary, so a complete portfolio can be offered to clients. Existing markets and new market segments will be addressed in a several business modules:
1. De- and mobilization, maintenance: For offshore vessels such as PSV,OSV, Seismic, Dredgers, Jack-Up Wind Turbine Installation Vessels, (crane) barges and platforms;
2. Conversions and yard repairs: For merchant and offshore vessels at jetties with support of the workshop;
3. Port and voyage repairs or maintenance: With trucks, floating and mobile equipment, all kind of projects can be executed in the Rotterdam and adjacent Ports or during the voyage;
4. Heavy-lift and floating cranes: Max MOOT;
5. Supplier, sales/rental, and storage of equipment: Used in offshore exploration such as cranes, winches;
6. Construction work: For any kind of vessel, barge, platform in the offshore and marine industry;
7. High end On Site Mechanical Services: Alignments, vibration and 3D measurements, 3D scanning and on site machining.
POG is established at Pier 4 in the Waalhaven area where a new cluster of maritime companies, Port Valley, is being established.
The facilities of ROG include jetties with alongside lay-by facilities for vessels up to 190 meter and 9.5 meter of depth. There is sufficient crane capacity, including a large range of floating cranes up to 1,400 tons upon demand.
The yard area is over 14,000 m2 with a fully equipped workshop. At present Cargotec just opened its new development center at Pier 4 and W. Smit celebrated its groundbreaking ceremony.
Press Release, February 5, 2014