Conference on Dredged Materials to Discuss Geosynthetics Solutions
The South Baltic Conference on Dredged Materials in Dike Construction will take place in Rostock / Hohe Düne, 10-11 April 2014.
The conference is organised in the frame of the project DredgDikes in which the application of dredged materials in dike construction is investigated. There are a variety of research groups dealing with this topic as well as the general applicability of fine-grained organic dredged materials or composite materials in geotechnical engineering.
Also, geosynthetics solutions to solve some of the problems connected to the use of fine-grained organic dredged materials in dike constructions will be reviewed.
– Geochemical and geotechnical characterisation of dredged materials and composite materials containning dredged materials;
– Legal background for the beneficial use of dredged materials in geotechnical applications;
– Utilisation of fine-grained organic dredged materials in geotechnical applications;
– Utilisation of composite materials containing dredged materials in geotechnical applications;
– Geosynthetics solutions to improve dredged materials to be used in geotechnical applications;
– Special aspects and case studies for the use of dredged materials in dike construction.
Dredging Today Staff, February 6, 2014