The Cebu City Government has asked the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) 7 on the status of some P1.15 billion worth of projects that it was supposed to have implemented last year.
Engr. Oscar Abordo, Cebu City Planning and Development Office (CPDO) project evaluation officer, said some of these projects have already started, but there are still others that are yet to be implemented.
Abordo said the City Development Council (CDC) endorsed last year a total of P365 million worth of infrastructure projects for the north district and P783 million for the south district that are DPWH-funded.
For the north district, the P365 million covers the widening and concreting of the Bacayan-Pit-os road, P225 million; Talamban-Bacayan road, P80 million; and the Banilad-Talamban road, P20 million.
It also covers the concreting of V. Sotto St., P25 million; concreting of the Arellano Blvd., P10 million; and dredging of the Subangdaku River, P20 million, among others.
For the south district, the P783 million covers the road opening and widening of V. Rama Ave. to Lahug, P150 million; widening of N. Bacalso Ave. from Kinasang-an to Bulacao, P125 million; widening of C. Padilla St. from T. Abella St. to the South Road Properties, P140 million; and the improvement and widening of Salvador St., P100 million.
It also includes the dredging and riprapping of the Inayawan River at P20 million and construction of a catch basin in Barangay Basak Pardo at P26 million, among others.
Of the many items, Abordo said among those that have not yet been implemented is the P150-million road opening and widening of V. Rama Ave. to Lahug.
Press Release, February 21, 2014