Pittenweem Breakwater Plan Unveiled
- Business & Finance
Fife Council is looking to engage a suitably experienced contractor to undertake the Pittenweem Harbor Breakwater Repairs project.
The main goal of this program is to repair the storm damage sustained by the existing 100m long concrete breakwater that protects the entrance channel to Pittenweem Harbor.
The repair works to the breakwater will include:
– grout filled bag work to fill scoured areas under the toe of the breakwater;
– grouting under the base of the breakwater to fill scoured areas;
– internal grouting of some of the breakwater units;
– repairs to various cracks on the sides and deck of the breakwater units;
– a concrete deck overlay to address the subsidence of one of the breakwater units;
– the installation of scour protection measures around the entire footprint of the breakwater.
This project requires marine working in a relatively exposed location, including working in the busy harbor entrance channel and working over an area of rock foreshore that is partly exposed at low tide.
The project period is 26 weeks (max.), and the total value of the scheme is £1.3 million.
Dredging Today Staff