For (future) decision makers and their advisors in governments, port and harbor authorities, offshore companies and other organisations that have to execute dredging projects, the International Association of Dredging Companies will organize the International Seminar on Dredging and Reclamation on October 26-30, 2015, in Jakarta, Indonesia.
To optimise the chances of the successful completion of a project, contracting parties should, from the start, fully understand the requirements of a dredging project.
This five-day course strives to provide an understanding through lectures by experts in the field and workshops, partly conducted on-site in order to give the “students” hands-on experience.
– overview of the dredging market and the development of new ports and maintenance of existing ports;
– project phasing (identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction, and maintenance);
– descriptions of types of dredging equipment and boundary conditions for their use;
– state-of-the-art dredging and reclamation techniques including environmental measures;
– site and soil investigations, designing and estimating from the contractor’s view;
– costing of projects and types of contracts such as charter, unit rates, lump sum and risk-sharing agreements;
– design and measurement of dredging and reclamation works;
– early contractor involvement.