Hammamet Hosts River Basins Hydrology Event
- Business & Finance
The International Conference on African Large River Basins Hydrology will take place in Hammamet, Tunisia, from October 26-30, 2015.
This event is placed under the labels of several international programs and institutions, which aim at a better knowledge and data sharing, the increase of the number of permanent observatories for large rivers basins, more international cooperation, specially within shared river basins, and improved cooperation between development agencies, national and international operators, and the research sector.
Topics of the Conference:
- Global change, climatology and hydrological regimes (Mohamed Meddi-Algeria);
- Erosion, sediment transport and water quality (Gaston Lienou-Cameroon);
- Coastal eco-hydrology and Integrated land-sea management (Maria Snoussi-Morocco);
- Low flows and groundwater/surface water relationships, karstic hydrogeology (Bamory Kamagate-Côte d’Ivoire);
- Extreme events (Ennio Ferrari-Italy);
- Databases and observatories (Jean François Boyer-France);
- Hydrological modeling and water resources scenarios (Denis Hughes-South Africa);
- Relationships between man and the environment and impact on water resources and socio-economic activities (Raphael Tshimanga-RDCongo).