Shore and Harbor Planning Grants Awarded
The Maine Coastal Program, part of the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry (DACF), has announced the award of $163,206 to nine coastal municipalities.
These awards will provide support for harbor management, waterfront infrastructure planning and design, and public access.
Funding for the grants comes from DACF’s federal coastal management award from the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and from Maine’s Submerged Lands Program.
Each grantee will provide a minimum of 25% in matching funds or services.
Some of the projects are:
- Bath – Guilford Lot Cooperative Fishing Pier;
- Cranberry Isles – Islesford Town Dock Repairs;
- Cumberland – Payson Pier Replacement Project;
- Portland – East End Beach Non-Motorized Boating Facility;
- Sedgwick – Benjamin River Harbor Design and Engineering.