All Ready for CEDA-UK Dredging Seminar
CEDA-UK technical seminar on “Delivering Connectivity – the role of dredging in major infrastructure projects” starts tomorrow (December 1st) at the Institution of Civil Engineers London office.
In countries around the world dredging plant is playing an essential role in the delivery of major infrastructure schemes that enhance connectivity at national to global scales.
For the December seminar, CEDA UK will showcase a number of exciting, major infrastructure projects where dredging is a key component. CEDA expert speakers will introduce the projects and highlight the role of dredging in projects as diverse as bridges, tunnels, canals and other major infrastructure.
- Michael Fitzsimons, General Manager, Jan de Nul – Widening and Deepening the Panama Canal;
- Hans de Wit, Managing Director, Tunnel Engineering Consultants (Royal HaskoningDHV) – Dredging in Immersed Tunnelling;
- Cormac Carville, Engineer, VolkerStevin – Vessel relocation works for the Thames Tideway Tunnel;
- Ewen Macdonell, Communication Liaison Officer, Forth Crossing Bridge Constructors Joint Venture – The Forth Replacement Crossing;
- Ton Van Der Plas, Project Manager Marine Works and Ton Fijen, Technical Director, Tidal Lagoon Power – Dredging activities in tidal lagoon construction.
This will be the great opportunity to learn more about the world’s most exciting maritime infrastructure projects and to understand the importance of dredging to delivering connectivity.