Arkil JV I/S, a Denmark-based construction company, has won the main contract for the renovation and upgrading of the Naval Base quay in Frederikshavn.
The project includes renovation of approximately 1.570 m of wharf, the establishment of approximately 700 m of new quay, dredging of the harbor, delivery and placement of sand behind the new sheet piling and construction of the slipway, ro/ro ramps, bollards etc.
Construction work, to be performed in two stages, will be carried out during the February 2016 – August 2017 period.
The project involves the following quantities:
- Delivery and driving of approximately 40.000 m² of sheet piles;
- Delivery and installation of approximately 200.000 m³ of sand;
- Delivery and casting of approximately 11.000 m³ concrete;
- Delivery and installation of approximately 100 no. bollards;
- Delivery and driving of approximately 5.000 lin.m. concrete piles;
- Dredging of approximately 200.000 m³ of material.
The total contract value is around $21 million.