General Dredging Course Set for September 12
Training Institute for Dredging has announced that their General Dredging Course will take place from 12 – 23 September 2016, in Kinderdijk, the Netherlands, at the Royal IHC construction yard.
The General Dredging Course is a two-week open course, focused on the design and operation of various types of dredging equipment and covers all aspects of dredging, such as dredging processes, equipment selection, soil characteristics, automation and control and dredge project management.
Several excursions to nearby dredging projects and shipyards, specialized in the design of dredging equipment, are included.
The following subjects will be covered during the two-week training course:
- different dredging applications within a port, eg. maintenance dredging, capital dredging;
- dredge project phases (identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction and maintenance);
- dredging equipment types and boundaries for their use;
- scoping site conditions (soil characteristics, environmental aspects);
- fundamentals of hydrographic surveying;
- dredge project management including costs and contracts;
- fundamentals of hydraulic transportation and dredge pumps;
- environmental aspects of dredging.