CEDA’s next event on the Iberian Peninsula, a one-and-a-half-day conference, will take place on 27-28 October 2016 in Lisbon, Portugal.
Co-organizer, the Portuguese Engineers Association (OE), will host the event at its premises in the center of Lisbon.
Within the central theme ‘Dredging for Sustainable Port Development‘, the conference will address key topics relevant to the success of local port dredging and sediment management projects.
The topics also reflect current thinking on what ‘sustainability’ means in that context.
Carefully curated content
CEDA’s technical committee has carefully curated this conference with a view to exchanging the latest knowledge and real-world experience in the Iberian Peninsula.
The technical presentations will cover the following topics:
- Sustainable design solutions and practices in port development and maintenance;
- Ecosystem Services as a concept to assess integral benefits of dredging projects;
- Enabling the broad application of nature-based solutions;
- Innovations in the environmental management of large dredging projects;
- The role and applicability of adaptive management in dredging;
- Dredged sediment management challenges and solutions;
- Sustainable and energy efficient dredging vessels and projects.