As part of the 2017 Coastal Master Plan, the Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority (CPRA) – in partnership with Restore or Retreat and numerous community partners throughout coastal Louisiana – will host a series of six Community Conversations during this month.
The main goal of these meetings is to update residents on the master plan and receive valuable input and feedback that will be used in developing the draft plan, which will be released in January 2017 for formal public comment and review.
Each Community Conversation will include:
- An open house beginning at 5:00 p.m. designed to share information about the master plan and ongoing efforts by CPRA and its community partners;
- Dinner served to all participants at 5:40 p.m., followed by a CPRA presentation at 6:00 p.m. and group discussion about the master plan, potential projects and programs and more.
The Community Conversation schedule is as follows:
- Buras, October 4, 2016, Buras Community Center;
- Dulac, October 6, 2016, Dulac Community Center;
- Lake Charles: Oct. 12, Lake Charles Civic Center;
- Larose: Oct. 13, Larose Civic Center;
- Lafitte: Oct. 18, Lafitte Multipurpose Center;
- New Orleans: Oct. 19, 2016 Dillard University.