The Eastern Dredging Association EADA (India) has announced that their conference ‘Dredging: Ports, Harbors and Inland Waterways’ will take place on March 24, 2017 at ITC Kakatiya Hotel in Begumpet, Hyderabad.
This workshop aims to develop, amongst contracting partners, a constructive approach for planning, design and execution of dredging and maritime construction projects, EADA said in its announcement.
The event will highlight the capital intensive nature of maritime construction, in contrast with other civil works that are predominately labor intensive, and will consider the key issues in the preparation phase of such projects including site characterization, feasibility study, preliminary and detailed design, and financing.
Topics that will be covered during the seminar are:
- New dredging techniques and equipment;
- Contracts, legislation and engineer determination;
- Planning and execution of the dredging project;
- Dredging in rivers, canals and other waterways;
- Opportunities of ‘Dredging in India’ (Make in India) program;
- Study or completed projects will also be presented;
- Dispute resolution and arbitration members.