Royal HaskoningDHV Experts to Present at Flood and Coast 2017
Top water experts from Royal HaskoningDHV will present seven papers including the latest innovations in sandscaping and flood resilience at Flood and Coast 2017, 28-30 March at the Telford International Centre, UK.
The three-day conference, convened by the Environment Agency, is seen as a key forum for the flood and coastal erosion risk management (FCRM) community.
The event offers the chance for major FCRM stakeholders to share views, insights and discussions regarding latest industry innovations and best practice.
In light of this focus on innovation, Jaap Flikweert will be describing the ground breaking sandscaping project proposed for Bacton, Norfolk. Sandscaping is an innovative coastal management approach which involves placing a large volume of sediment in a single location and designing it so that natural processes move the sediment to areas where it is needed further down the coast.
One of the key conference discussions will focus on the resilience of the UK’s cities to flood risk. Fola Ogunyoye, Technical Director and expert on flood resilience at Royal HaskoningDHV, will set the scene for the discussion.
Fola’s presentation will introduce the important principles and approaches that are required to deliver these water sensitive cities and include international case study examples to illustrate the possibilities for the UK.
The Papers Due To Be Presented Are:
Tuesday, 28 March
- Creating water sensitive airports in times of climate change – Nanco Dolman;
- Packaging, integrated teams and co-location – does it really help? – Tim Ellingham;
- Are we over-designing or under-designing coastal defense: interaction between coastline and wave angle – Keming Hu.
Wednesday, 29 March
- Scene setter – Delivering water-resilient and water-adaptive cities – Fola Ogunyoye;
- Quo vadis – Cornwall and Isles of Scilly SMP mid-term review – Gregor Guthrie;
- Partnership working: delivering resilient protection to critical infrastructure in Sandsend Road – presented by Jim Hutchison from the Contractor Balfour Beatty;
- Sandscaping at Bacton, Norfolk: protecting critical infrastructure and benefitting communities – Jaap Flikweert.