Conference on Inland Ports Begins This Week in Buenos Aires
The Second Hemispheric Conference on Inland Ports, Waterways and Dredging: Inland Transport as an Engine for Competitiveness will take place this week, from May 17-19, 2017 in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Organized by the Under Secretariat of Ports and Waterways of Argentina (SSPYVN) the event will focus on the key aspects of inland transport, as well as efficient inland port operations and infrastructure, all in the context of increased competitiveness.
During the conferee, industry experts will have a chance to discuss the economic and environmental benefits of sustainable dredging for the development of the Western Hemisphere port sector.
Decision-makers from public entities, industry experts and representatives from the private sector will present successful practices in dredging, navigation, and inland transport, which will address the following topics:
- Facilitation of intra-regional trade through waterways;
- Inland ports as catalysts for efficient waterway logistics;
- The benefits of multimodal transportation;
- Inland transport safety and security;
- The competitive benefits of environmentally sustainable dredging.