Beens Dredging recently put the non-nuclear density meter of Rhosonics into use on their new hopper dredger kb1649 during a project in the Port of Amsterdam.
In the port, a certain amount of sludge needed to be removed last month in order to ensure a safe passage for ships.
According to the company, the customer wanted a non-nuclear density meter to determine the real-time density of the sludge.
“The SDM slurry density meter is a good solution for this measuring task, because of its reliable, stable and real-time measurement results,” the company said. “The SDM contributes to the dredging operation and offers many advantages thanks to its ultrasonic technology.”
The SDM contributes to:
- Determination of the optimal dredging condition;
- Efficient completion of the dredging session;
- Reduction of time and money spent on a project;
- Quicker response to changing process conditions;
- Less obstruction of the pump.