A draft Shoreline Management Plan for the Ayrshire coastline has been prepared by North Ayrshire and South Ayrshire Councils and will be presented to the community next week.
The plan presents a large-scale assessment of the risks to the people of Ayrshire and its developed, historic and natural environment, from coastal flooding and erosion, and identifies suitable policies for the management of these risks.
This plan covers the entire Ayrshire mainland coastline from Skelmorlie in the north, to the northern shore of Loch Ryan in the south, and the coasts of the islands of Arran and Great Cumbrae.
Consultation on the draft plan is now open and will run until April 20, allowing people the chance to comment on the plan and accompanying reports before they are finalized.
Consultations taking place next week include:
- Monday, 19 February, 12pm-7pm – Irvine Library, 168 High Street, Irvine;
- Tuesday, February 20, 12pm- 6.50pm – Millport Library, The Garrison, Millport, Isle of Cumbrae;
- Wednesday, February 21, 12.30pm-7pm – Ardrossan Civic Centre, 150 Glasgow Street, Ardrossan;
- Thursday, February 22, 12pm-6.30pm – Brodick Library, Main Street, Brodick, Arran;
- Friday, February 23, 12pm-5pm – Largs Library, 26 Allanpark Street, Largs.