Work on the Hdh. Nellaidhoo Harbor Development Project is well underway, the Maldives Transport and Contracting Company (MTCC) reports.
The scheme is reaching its halfway mark, with overall 42% of project wrapped up so far.
Installation of precast concrete blocks required for quay wall construction is currently ongoing, with 53% of work completed at the moment, according to the latest project update.
The Hdh. Nellaidhoo harbor development scheme consists of:
- dredging and reclamation operations – 62,863cbm,
- breakwater construction – 331m,
- quay wall construction – 204m,
- revetment construction – 50m,
- installation of 2,102sqm of paved area,
- installation of navigation lights and streetlights.
The value of the project is $3 million.
MTCC mobilized equipment for this development program on 27th February 2020.