Maldives Transport and Contracting Company (MTCC) today released the latest update on their F. Dharanboodhoo harbor upgrade, saying that the work is moving forward according to schedule.
With overall 36% project progress so far, the installation work of precast concrete blocks required for quay wall construction is currently ongoing.
The F. Dharanboodhoo harbor upgrade program includes:
- dredging and excavation operations of 46,600cbm;
- construction of a 410m breakwater;
- construction of a 64m revetment;
- construction of a 196m quay wall;
- installation of harbor and navigation lights and paving works.
The contracted value of the project is $2.5 million.
In fact, this contract was awarded to MTCC on 10th December, 2019, with subsequent mobilization of the equipment took place on 27th May, 2020.
“The project aims to make the remote island of F. Dharanboodoo’s harbor accessible larger vessels. We currently have 46 projects progressing which consist of dredging and excavation operations and harbor development operations nationwide,” said MTCC in their announcement.