WCT Holdings’ 60:40 joint venture with China Communications Construction Company (CCCC) will be the main contractor for the Sapangar Bay Container Port expansion, worth RM899.81 million ($214 million), The Edge Markets reports.
The contract is expected to begin in September 2021, and to complete in February 2025, WCT said in its filing to Bursa Malaysia.
The works include:
- dredging and land reclamation works,
- environment protection and enhancement,
- traffic management control,
- site investigation works,
- demolition and site clearance,
- seawall construction etc.
According to The Edge Markets, WCT-CCCC JV yesterday executed a letter of acceptance, issued by the Malaysian Government, represented by the Sabah Economic Development and Investment Authority (SEDIA).