IADC Dredging Seminar in Singapore
Registration is still open for the IADC Dredging Seminar in Singapore, which is taking place from 7-11 November of this year.
According to International Association of Dredging Companies, the five-day seminar strives to provide an understanding of the basics of dredging through lectures and workshops which are given by industry experts in a classroom setting for a hands-on experience.
In addition to basic dredging methods, new equipment and state-of-the-art techniques are explained through the seminar’s programme. Often realised in co-operation with local technical universities, the course has been successfully presented worldwide.
Spanning five days, the programme addresses the following specified topics during lectures and workshops:
- overview of the dredging market and the development of new ports and maintenance of existing ports;
- project phasing (identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction, and maintenance);
- descriptions of types of dredging equipment and boundary conditions for their use;
- state-of-the-art dredging and reclamation techniques including environmental measures;
- site and soil investigations, designing and estimating from the contractor’s view;
- costing of projects and types of contracts such as charter, unit rates, lump sum and risk-sharing agreements;
- design and measurement of dredging and reclamation works;
- early contractor involvement.
All presentations and workshops will be given by lectures who are experts in the field of dredging including:
- Pieter den Ridder – Royal Boskalis Westminster N.V.
- Maarten Dewint – Jan De Nul NV
- Luk Verstraelen or Paul Vercruijsse – DEME N.V.
- Robert Dijkema or Marcel van den Heuvel – Van Oord Dredging and Marine Contractors BV
To register and find out more information about the IADC Dredging Seminar in Singapore please click HERE.