Phase 2 of Himmafushi development wraps up
Maldives Transport and Contracting Company has just completed the K. Himmafushi Harbor Development Project – Phase 2.
Scope of works included:
- harbor dredging operations of 19,895cbm,
- channel dredging operations of 9,900cbm,
- construction of a 251m quay wall,
- a 15m breakwater,
- a 311m revetment,
- installation of concrete pavement (existing harbour – 1200sqm, new harbour – 1,443sqm),
- construction of bridge (25m x 6m),
- construction of jetty (63m x 4m),
- installation of harbor streetlights, navigation lights and mooring blocks.
The value of the project is MVR 30.5 million ($1.9 million).