European Marine Sand and Gravel Group Learning Seminar ‘Maasvlakte 2, the Next Level in Sand and Gravel’
EMSAGG is pleased to contribute to its aim of disseminating information and encouraging the exchange of ideas across different disciplines involved in marine sand and gravel. This seminar will take place at the exciting Maasvlakte 2 project. The Maasvlakte 2 project is a mega land reclamation project in the Netherlands which involves a port area expansion of approximately 2,000 hectares. During the first phase, an 11 Kilometre long sea defences will be constructed as well as circa 700 hectares of the harbour premises.
The seminar will allow delegates to gain an understanding of the latest environmental, technical, regulatory, economic issues relating to the Maasvlakte 2 project and to share experiences and thoughts with international peers.
The seminar will take place on Thursday 21 October 2010 from 10.00-16.00.
The seminar will be held at Futureland, Maasvlakte 2, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
An exciting programme with presentations from leading figures involved with Maasvlakte 2 project, including:
* Welcome and opening of the seminar Dirk Hamer, PUMA symposium chairman and Kristina Gamst, EMSAGG, symposium organiser
* Maasvlakte 2, a sustainable expansion of the Port of Rotterdam Tiedo Vellinga, Port of Rotterdam Authority
* Maasvlakte 2, a mega sand reclamation work with innovative sea defense Gerard Loman, PUMA
* Lunch break with networking
* Maasvlakte 2, predicting & monitoring of dredged sand quality Fedor Meulenkamp and Joost van Duinen, PUMA
* Maasvlakte 2, monitoring of ecological effects: planning and preliminary results Ad Stolk, Ministry of Transport, Public Works & Water Management, Rijkswaterstaat, North Sea Dept
* Discussion chaired by Dick Hamer, PUMA
The seminar will include lunch offering delegates the opportunity network. The lunch is kindly sponsered by PUMA.
Source: ciria, September 23, 2010