The Netherlands: CEDA Dredging Days 2011 – Student Programme Set for Success
More than 20 students from technical universities and colleges in Aachen, Delft, Groningen, Hamburg, and Leuven are going to participate in the coming CEDA Dredging Days, under the CEDA Student Programme 2011.
Recommended by their respective professors, the students have all shown great affinity with dredging in their studies and many of them seriously consider the field as a career choice.
CEDA Dredging Days 2011 conference and exhibition will take place on 10-11 November at Ahoy Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Entitled entitled “Dredging and Beyond” the event will explore the following themes:
• Dredging and rock dumping for the offshore oil and gas industries,
• Deepsea mining and
• Building with nature for soft and hard dredging solutions.
Further highlights of CEDA Dredging Days 2011 include:
• Two keynotes by by prominent representatives of the mining and offshore sectors: Professor Peter Halbach from the Free University, Berlin, will talk about the fundamentals and perspectives of mining deepsea minerals and Mr Hans de Boer, managing director of the Association of Dutch Suppliers in the Oil and Gas Industry (IRO), will share his insights about dredging opportunities in the dutch offshore industry.
• Academic session with presentations by PhD students and young faculty on their latest research results.
• CEDA Environment Commission Session introducing two CEDA position papers on underwater sound in relation to dredging and climate change adaptation as it affects the dredging community.
• Technical visit hosted by IHC Merwede’s Deep Sea Dredging & Mining Unit.
• CEDA-Netherlands Reception with superb networking opportunities in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
• A dredging exhibition where leading CEDA member companies showcase their products and services, especially in the offshore oil-gas and mineral-winning areas and when working with nature.
• Partners programme to the Hague, a city taht has been synonymous with world calss painting for centuries.
• Access to Europort 2011 trade show.
Source: cedaconferences, October 28, 2011