Finland: Officials Introduce Rauma Dredging Plan
Rauman Kaupunki has introduced plans for the dredging work at the Rauma area.
This project includes:
– Extraction of about 600,000m3 of shingle and sediment in order to create and improve existing sea basin embankments as well as constructing a platform to the rear forming a new wharf and quay area,
– Construction of a 11.5 ha port with accessories,
– Dredging approx. 360,000m3 and underwater blasting 10,000m3,
– Dredging to stabilise water depths,
– Construction of a new pier with associated equipment, approx. 250m long.
Scheduled date for start of award procedures is March 1, 2013.
Dredging Today Staff, September 14, 2012