China: Van Oord’s Stingray Named
Today Van Oord’s first shallow water pipe lay vessel Stingray was named at the COSCO shipyard in Nantong, China. The naming ceremony was performed by Mrs A. Athmer-Albersen, wife of Managing Director Offshore, Mr J.B.E.M. Athmer.
Stingray is designed in accordance with the highest quality and safety standards in the oil and gas industry and equipped with state-of-the-art machinery to install pipelines from 6 to 60 inches in diameter. The prime focus for Stingray is S-lay pipe-laying works in combination with shore approaches and other associated activities in shallow water from five metres up to 100 meters and more. In addition, the vessel is also suitable for a wide range of light offshore installation works like buoy and manifold installation, hook-up, commissioning, piling and midline tie-ins.
Stingray complements Van Oord’s wide range of offshore services consisting of the construction of landfalls, installation of rock, trench dredging and backfilling and the installation of Single Point Mooring (SPM)-systems and Gravity Based Structures (GBS). By offering these activities in one integrated service package, Van Oord provides a unique one-stop shop concept for shallow water oil and gas developments, in line with the growth strategy of its offshore activities and the reinforcement of its position as an Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) contractor.
– Length overall 120 m
– Breadth overall 40 m
– Design draft: 5 m
– Classification ABS XA1 Barge
– Accommodation up to 300 persons
– Total installed power 6 x 1,230 kW
– Mooring system 10 x 12 t Flipper Delta
– Crawler crane 250 t Kobelco 2500CE, 42 m boom
– Free deck area 2,000 m2
– Allowable deck load 12.5 t/m2
– Tensioners 2 x 70t capacity
– Welding stations 3 nos. fully automatic welding stations
– NDT / Repair Station 1 no.
– Field Joint stations 3 nos.
– Stinger Fixed, fully adjustable, 55 m length in two sections, ABS certified
– A&R winch 150t capacity, upgradeable to 200t
– Main crane 500t revolving crane, make Liebherr
– Main hook capacity: 500t@18 m radius
– Crane pedestal suitable for upgrade to 2,000 t.
Press Release, September 28, 2012