USA: “So That Ships May Pass” Conference Set for August
The Western Dredging Association (WEDA) and Texas A & M University will host its Annual Western Hemisphere Dredging Conference (WEDA 33 and TAMU 44) on August 25–28, 2013 at the “HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE” in Honolulu, Hawaii.
The theme of this conference “So That Ships May Pass” will focus on the Historical, Structural and Operational Development of Navigation throughout the Western Hemisphere.
Topics of interest
• History of Dredging Milestone Projects (Last Millennium)
• Dredging Research
• Budgeting & Cost Estimating
• Development of Cargo Carrying Ships
• Dredging for Flood Control
• Geotechnical Aspects
• What Drives the Industry?
• Market Trends
• Navigation Channel Depths
• Surveying & Mapping
• Dredging for Beach Nourishment
• New dredging Equipment
• Dredge Safety Issues
• Environmental Cleanup Sites.
Dredging Today Staff, April 10, 2013