FSUE Rosmorport, Port of Ghent Ink MoU (Russia)
On April 23, 2013 FSUE “Rosmorport” and Port of Ghent signed a Memorandum of understanding.
The main issues for cooperation in the framework o the Memorandum will be:
– exchange of experience in the field of provision of navigation safety, implementation of port infrastracture development projects, application of new technologies in the field of seaport management;
– attraction of investments into the port infrastructure;
– creation of new business opportunities and suppport of the existing business relations of private companies operating in sea trade between Belgium and the Russian Federation;
– increase of power efficiency of port capacities and implementation of renewable power sources;
– elabpratopm of educational programs for ptofessional development and retraining of Russian and Belgian experts.
The agreement on signing a Memorandum was for the first time reached in December 2012 during the visit of FSUE “Rosmorport” representatives to Antwerp, Belgium.
At present FSUE “Rosmorport” develops international strategic cooperation with Port of Antwerp International, The Port of Rotterdam Authority, and the Finnish Cargotec Oy. corporation. Besides, the enterprise cooperates with European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and European Seaport Organization.
Press Release, April 25, 2013