Dredge Central: Two Completely Refurbished Dredges Available (USA)
The Used Dredge Center has announced the immediate availability of the first two completely refurbished dredges.
“We now have a 10-inch (250 mm) AMMCO model PD-10E, and an 8-inch (200 mm) AMMCO Swinging-Ladder Dredge, both ready for inspection at our manufacturing facility in Goodlettsville (Nashville), Tennessee,” they announced.
These are both heavy-duty, easily transportable machines, suitable for a variety of dredging applications from aggregate production to waterways maintenance. They both feature conventional three-piece hull configurations, the center hull sections containing all machinery and operating stations, and bolt-connected pontoons on each side. Both machines have been used only lightly over their entire lives.
The 10-inch AMMCO is equipped with a 12″ x 10″ (300 mm x 250 mm) AMSCO Form 32 dredge pump, with Caterpillar model 3408 main diesel power, approximately 475 hp (354 kW). Auxiliary power is provided by a Cat 3306, rated 240 hp (179 kW). The assembled hull measures 50 ft x 20 ft x 5 ft (15.2 m x 6.1 m x 1.5 m), and supports a 32-ft (9.75 m) ladder allowing a dredging depth of 27.7 ft (8.4 m). The ladder, side pontoons, and spuds can be extended if desired for deeper dredging.
The 8-inch AMMCO dredge features compact design and the convenience of the swinging-ladder operation in confined spaces, but can also be easily reconfigured to operate in conventional swing mode. The assembled hull measures 37 ft x 18 ft x 4 ft (11.3 m x 5.5 m x 1.2 m), with a 31-ft long (9.45 m) ladder for dredging to depths of approximately 25 ft (7.6 m). Primary plant equipment includes a heavy-duty AMMCO 10″ x 8″ x 24″ (250 mm x 200 mm x 600 mm) dredge pump, powered by a 365-hp (272 kW) Caterpillar 3408 diesel engine. This dredge is also equipped with an aft-mounted traveling spud.
Dredge Central’s standard refurbishing process includes, but is not limited to, the following:
– Repair or replacement of any deficient metal skin and/or structural components;
– Sandblasting and/or painting all exterior metal surfaces;
– Inspection of dredge pump; reconditioning or replacement of parts as needed;
– Testing & servicing diesel engines; repair or replacement as needed;
– Inspection & servicing main pump drive machinery; reconditioning or replacement as needed;
– Inspection & testing of entire cutter assembly; repair or replacement as needed;
– Repair or replacement of all hydraulic system components including hoses as needed;
– Repair or replacement of all electrical system components as needed;
– Testing & servicing all hauling and hoisting equipment; reconditioning or replacement as needed;
– Testing of all controls and gauges; reconditioning or replacement as indicated.
Press Release, June 25, 2013