Falkirk Council Announces River Carron Dredging Plan (UK)
Falkirk Council has announced a plan for the River Carron dredging program.
These works will involve dredging of a sediment bar from the bed of the River Carron beside Dunipace Bridge and will consist of:
– Site establishment;
– The removal and disposal of Japanese knotweed from the riverbed (approx. 35m3);
– The removal of riverbed sediment and vegetation (approx. 1,535m3);
– Working in the river under CAR license and dealing with environmental and ecological issues;
– Liaise with landowners, environmental, ecological and other agencies;
– Landscaping and reinstatement of river bank.
The deadline for the return of completed pre-qualifications is July 18, 2013, and the total value of this cleanup project is £60,000.
Dredging Today Staff, July 15, 2013