TZC: Dredging Program Underway (USA)
Tappan Zee Constructors, LLC will continue the construction of the Rockland County trestle.
This work will include daytime pile driving to install the temporary foundation piles needed to support the platform. Pile driving will be limited to the hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays and, occasionally, from 12 noon to 7 p.m. on Saturdays.
The trestle is a work platform that will support a crane for the construction of the westernmost section of the new bridge. The 1200-foot long platform helps reduce the amount of dredging required.
– Dredging operations will continue 24/7;
– Test pile program;
– Rockland Dock Extension under existing bridge;
– Temporary Rockland trestle construction including pile driving on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;
– Temporary Westchester trestle construction including pile driving on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;
– Survey inspections on existing bridge;
– Support for river-based work from the Rockland shoreline.
Press Release, September 30, 2013