USA: NY Bridge Project Moves Forward
Second shift operations will continue on the New NY Bridge Project from 3:30 p.m. to 12 midnight on weekdays in preparation for permanent construction activities.
This work is primarily to support activities for the daytime pile driving operations and is limited by the project’s noise level restrictions. Pile driving will be limited to the hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays and, occasionally, from 12 noon to 7 p.m. on Saturdays.
Construction of the Rockland County trestle will continue. This work will include daytime pile driving to install the temporary foundation piles needed to support the platform. The trestle is a work platform that will support a crane for the construction of the westernmost section of the new bridge. The 1200-foot long platform helps reduce the amount of dredging required.
From today to Friday, October 18, one southbound right hand lane and shoulder on I-87/I-287 between exit 9 and exit 11 will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for shoulder work.
– Dredging operations will continue 24/7;
– Test pile program;
– Rockland Dock Extension under existing bridge;
– Temporary Rockland trestle construction including pile driving on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;
– Temporary Westchester trestle construction including pile driving on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;
– Survey inspections on existing bridge;
– Support for river-based work from the Rockland shoreline.
Press Release, October 15, 2013