TZC: Permanent Pile Construction Continues (USA)
Tappan Zee Constructors, LLC (TZC) began formal construction of the New NY Bridge on Wednesday, October 16 with installation of the first permanent piles that will comprise the bridge’s foundation.
Pile driving will be limited to the hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays and, occasionally, from 12 noon to 7 p.m. on Saturdays.
– Rockland emergency ramp modifications;
– Dredging operations will continue 24/7;
– Test pile program;
– Rockland Dock Extension under existing bridge;
– Temporary Rockland trestle construction including pile driving on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;
– Temporary Westchester trestle construction including pile driving on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;
– Survey inspections on existing bridge;
– Support for river-based work from the Rockland shoreline.
Press Release, October 21, 2013