New NY Bridge Project Progresses Well (USA)
- Business & Finance
No pile driving activities are scheduled for the New NY Bridge project on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 28, but work on the new span continues.
The creation of the first of four new permanent noise barriers continues in Rockland County and sections of the existing noise wall along northbound I-87/I-287 in the area south of exit 10 will continue to be removed next week. Today and tomorrow, one northbound right-hand lane and shoulder on I-87/I-287 in the area south of exit 10 in Nyack will be closed from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for equipment removal.
A temporary noise barrier and noise monitors have been installed nearby and additional temporary noise barriers will be installed along a local access ramp and along the New York State Thruway, after improvements to the ramp are made.
– Rockland access ramp modifications;
– Armoring of dredge channel;
– River Road utility work;
– Test pile program;
– Rockland Dock Extension – finishing work under existing bridge;
– Temporary Rockland trestle construction including pile driving on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;
– Survey inspections on existing bridge;
– Support for river-based work from the Rockland shoreline;
– Reinforcement steel pre-assembly at bridge yard.
Press Release, November 25, 2013