Dredge Yard Through 2014
Dredge Yard, with the offices in the United Arab Emirates, the Netherlands and Turkey, is becoming one of the world leaders in dredging market and mining components, equipment and mining technology.
For a few years in a row, the company is proving that it is possible to have worldwide operations, good sales and a growing list of important and satisfied clients at the same time.
As the year’s end nears, we thought that it would be interesting to take a look at some of the Dredge Yard’s major accomplishments for the year.
Most important projects:
• The delivery of the Trailing Suction Hopper Dredger’s design and components;
• The development and production of improved dredge pump line related to the design efficiency and wear performance;
• Dredge Yard also completed an order for some of the largest dredge valves ever produced needed for the Trailing Suction Hopper Dredgers;
• The compact and economic Cutter Suction Dredger ECO200 was introduced during the “Dredging in India” conference, held in Mumbai. The vessel was designed by Dredge Yard’s engineers by using the latest CAD technologies, FEA analysis, CFD analysis. The aim of the design was to make an economic dredger that is low cost at initial acquiring and in daily use.
Some of the achievements that highlight the year:
• Dredge Yard’s ability to calculate dredge pump and dredging system using the most accurate CFD technology;
• The delivery of dredge pumps using hard material steel like 47VA. This material has the properties of being wear resistant almost in the range of white Iron but having a much higher yield;
• The conversion of a sand barge to Trailing Suction Hopper Dredge in Latin America;
• The participation in the 1st Forum of Dredging Companies held in Moscow, Russia where Mr. Basel Yousef, the Dredge Yard CEO discussed about the “Fuel Saving Solution” presenting two solutions for solving major problems with dredge ball joint being the inflexibility of ball joint and the blockage of the flow;
• Dredge Yard also took a lead role in sponsoring the 33rd PIANC World Congress held in San Francisco;
• The company participated in the Western Dredging Association (WEDA) and Texas University’s Dredging Summit and Expo 2014 that took place in Canada where Dredge Yard CEO highlighted the need of improving the efficiency and safety in operations of the dredging equipment;
• Dredge Yard increased its capacity in the machining and assembly shop by acquiring and installing additional new machines in order to be able to align with the capacity of the casting and fettling;
• Dredge Yard for the first time participated in the Latin American Congress of Ports held in Argentina, a summit convened by the American Association of Port Authorities (AAPA) under the motto: “The pivotal role of Latin American Ports in the integration of the hemisphere and regional development”;
• The supply of several dredge pumps and dredge pump drives to the mining industry in Africa.
Having all this in mind, there’s no doubt that next year will be even bigger and better for Dredge Yard.
Dredging Today Staff