The American Shore & Beach Preservation Association (ASBPA) has announced that their 2015 National Coastal Conference will take place on October 14-16 at the Intercontinental New Orleans.
The theme of the 2015 conference is “Broadening Coastal Perspectives”.
The national coastal conference will provide an opportunity for all coastal stakeholders to learn together and develop collaborative networks and resources to promote best management practices to maintain and improve the health of the coasts.
Specific topics include, but are not limited to:
– RESTORE, NFWF, and NRDA Projects;
– Coastal Resiliency Topics;
– Sea Level Guidance, Planning and Adaptive Management;
– Beach Restoration and Coastal Structures;
– Lagoon, Wetland, Marsh, and Estuary Restoration and Enhancement;
– Living and/or Livable Shorelines;
– Regional Sediment Management;
– Beach Water Quality;
– Biological Studies;
– Economics of Coastal Resources;
– Threatened & Endangered Species;
– Federal, State, and Local Coastal Policy, Regulatory and Legal Issues;
– Sand Investigations and Resource Management;
– Coastal Mapping and GIS Applications.